Alpha Media – Waukegan-Kenosha is looking for a talented professional Afternoon Drive On-Air Talent for Northern Chicagoland Active Rock Station, 95 WIIL Rock. The ideal candidate is an experienced on-air personality who is capable of wearing many hats on the programming team, is able to assist with the promotions department, and has a passion for the rock format and lifestyle. The right person understands the interaction between the talent, clients, and audience at live remotes, appearances, station events, and on-air are a vital part of the station’s ratings and success.
Alpha Media is the fastest growing company in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world class events and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates 251 radio stations within 51 markets across the United States covering all formats.
If you have a passion for great local radio and a passion to serve our great community, we would like to talk to you about joining our team!
Responsibilities of this position may include:
- Host the afternoon drive show, 2p-7p.
- Engage with listeners via phone calls, contests, and social media.
- Broadcast live from remote locations and events.
- Maintain and grow market leading ratings.
- Voice and produce commercials.
- Prepare ticket requests, website updates, and help with promotional duties.
- Voice-track other day parts as assigned by the Program Director.
- Assist Program Director with technical and/or programming issues.
- Assist the Program Director with music selection, programming, and working with station digital assets.
- Work with Promotions and Sales departments on creative content.
Requirements of this position include the following:
- Proficiency with NexGen and Adobe Audition.
- Knowledge of music, artists, and lifestyle of rock format.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Experience in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Proficient in use of audio editing software and broadcast equipment.
- Must be a team player and work well with management and staff at all levels.
- Ability to successfully execute station events and remotes.
- Able to relate to the audience and have a strong listener interaction.
- Public speaking skills and ability to interact with listeners and clients in a public setting.
- Excellent problem-solving and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines.
- Skilled in operation of control board, remote broadcasting, and other related production equipment.
- Be a positive member of a tight-knit team.
- Must be creative and innovative with a very strong work ethic.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and fully insured personal vehicle.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the above experience plus the following:
- Experience in productions, promotions, and social media.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter, resume, and MP3 air-check ASAP by mailing it to:
ATTN: 95 WIIL ROCK
8500 Green Bay Road
Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.